Monday, September 6, 2010

Exploring Greenbluff

The main reason we went to Greenbluff was because I have been majorly jonesing for some blackberries.  They are one of my absolute favorite berries/fruit.  Huckleberries are the only ones that beat them out in my book.  We tried growing some last year, but I was honestly a bit neglectful and they didn't make it.  We need to try again though.

As long as you we were going to head that way to treat my blackberry fever, we figured we might as well do some exploring on the way.  First stop was that Two Sisters Boutique, owned by the same sisters that own the Super Suris Alpaca Ranch next door.  I received some alpaca lessons while I was there, namely that there are two alpaca breeds: colca and suri.  This was news to me.  The colca breed are the ones most of us have seen with super curly fur.  However, this ranch breeds Suri alpacas that apparently make up only 10% of the alpaca population and they look like that are sporting long dreadlocks.  I would have snagged some pics to share the dreadlock love, but they were all recently sheared.  Bummer.  However, I did gain a gorgeous and butter soft skein of Baby Suri fingering weight yarn in a barber pole ply of the natural black and natural brown from her animals.  Seriously.  I wish you could feel this stuff.  Amazing.


After that we mostly enjoyed the views and did a little browsing at all the cute little harvest shops all over on the bluff.



Then we were on the real reason we were there.  Blackberries!









Once we got home I began tackling all 5 pounds of blackberries.  I think I will save those adventures for future posts though.  Maybe a series of blackberry adventures. 

I hope your labor day was as soft, sweet, and juicy as mine! 

1 comment:

  1. Love Greenbluff!!My wife and I went to Whitworth, and Greenbluff was one of our favorite places to visit in the fall, who knew it was hopping in the late summer!!!

    ReplyDelete