Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blackberry Adventures (the final installment)

I realized I never finished our journey de la blackberries.  The fourth way I bent the blackberries to my will was blackberry crisp!  I followed the recipe in my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook (you can never go wrong with a classic).  Whenever a recipe calls for nutmeg and love to use the real stuff. It gives a great punch, or maybe I just like the excuse to use my mircroplane.


The blackberries were starting to get a little thin by this point, so they needed a little help from my other berry, the huckleberry. The mix of the two berries is amazing. Once the berries and flour were mixed they just need the crisp added on top and off to the oven they went.

The tasty result of their marriage....



No comments:

Post a Comment